Thursday, May 17, 2012

Masculine Card Series #6: Boy and Turtle

I bought this Digi from the Digi Doodle Shop a few months ago and finally used it.  I really love the "childlike" feel to this card and what child doesn't like exploring nature? My little boy certainly does and a few months ago got to feed and pet a turtle and loved it.  This image reminded me of him.
The card base measures 5" x 7" and is cut from Kraft Cardstock.  The patterned paper is all from Recollections Bold Basic pack.  The dark green patterned paper mat measures 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" and the stripe mat measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/2".
The picture was colored using my Prisma Colored pencils and the image is called Pushing Turtle from the Digi Doodle Shop.  I cut the image at 3 3/4" x 3 and used left over patterned paper and dark brown for the mat, off centering them.  The patterned paper mat measures 4" x 3 1/4" and the brown mat measures 4 1/4" x 3 1/2".
The sentiment is by Hero Arts and is from the Everyday Sayings clear stamp set. I left it blank inside so you could write whatever was in the moment...
Hope you like it.




2 comments: