Friday, May 4, 2012

Peace Angel Card

It's never to early to start your Christmas cards right????  I feel nuts, especially since it was 20 degrees today and here I am making Christmas cards.  You should've seen the look my husband was giving me.  Oh well, we will all appreciate it come December when there is a 3rd child and the Christmas rush.
I got my inspiration for this card from Obsessed with Scrappin.  Her Youtube video for this card can be found here. I don't have this Cricut Cartridge but do have a beautiful stamp set that I wanted to use. I also had other inspiration from Christmas Cards All Year 'Round weekly challenge of your favorite Christmas Carol.  I am a music teacher and it is so hard for me to pick a "FAVORITE" carol but I have always like Angels We Have Heard on High.
The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and was cut from various colors from Recollections.  The patterned paper mats both come from the Naughty of Nice Signature paper stack by Recollections.  This was from last Christmas and I almost never want to use it as I absolutely love ALL of the papers in it.  I should have bought more!
The larger mat measures 5" x 3", the small mat 3" x 4 1/4" and the sentiment mat measures 4" x 1".  I inked around all mats and the card using Studio G brown ink.
The angel was heat embossed using Martha Stewart Antique Gold heat embossing powder and the stamp is from Inkadinkadoo called Christmas Silhouettes.
The sentiment (inside and out) are both from Close to My Heart Festive Thoughts and was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I also used 2 black brads by Recollections.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers #14:  Angels
Aud Sentiments:  Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments:  Spots or stripes
Jingle Belles Rock:  Heat Embossing
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Inspired by Favorite Christmas Carol






9 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! That stamp is beautiful on its own, but embossed... it is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that gorgeous embossed angel ... she's so pretty on the brown paper ... so very glad you starting taking back December one holiday card at a time with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! LOVE that gold embossing--the angels look heavenly!!! And you're right--it's never too early! Hope you'll join us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that angel stamp is just soooooo gorgeous, especially when embossed in gold on a dark background like that--so elegant and dramatic! so pleased you've found us at JINGLE BELLES... it's never too soon to start getting ready... december will be here before we know it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous and its never too early to start, posted one myself today lol. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. whata wonderful set of cards , i love the gold angels
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, love the sentiment. Thank you for playing along at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've been really busy! Love the angel silhouettes, thank you for playing along with our CCAYR May Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and I do like all the gold! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete