Monday, May 28, 2012

Masculine Card Series #9: Bird BBQ

Sorry this was a late post.  It was such a crazy busy day that I didn't have time to post this last night or even today.  My husband's Grandmother celebrated her 85th birthday yesterday and all of her children, grandchildren, and great-grand children were there.  What a fun time and my children had a great time meeting their cousins for the first time!
For today's card, I decided to make a Father's Day card as Father's Day will be here before you know it.  We usually have a relaxing day where my husband and his Father go golfing and then we have a family BBQ.  So this card could be used for a BBQ invite, Father's Day, Birthday or just a simple male Thank You.
The cartridges I used were 3 Birds on Parade and for the Father's Day Sentiment, I used the Wild Card Cartridge.
The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and was cut from blue teal cardstock by Recollections.  The red mat measures 5 1/4' x 4" and the patterned paper mat measures 5" x 3 3/4" and is by Recollections Bold Basics paper stack.
The bird and BBQ can be found on p. 55 of the manual.  I cut him, the layers and BBQ at 3 1/2" and used dimensionals on the bird.
The You're Tweet sentiment is also from 3 Birds and can be found on p. 28 and was cut at 1 1/2".
The Father's Day sentiment was found on the Wild Card Cartridge p. 66 and was cut from red cardstock at 5 1/2".
I decorated the inside of the card two ways.  The card that said "You're Tweet" has the Happy Father's Day sentiment on the inside, while the other card I cut an extra bird on blackout and left it blank inside.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
2 Sisters:  Bring on the Boys
Hiding in my Craft Room #47:  Father's Day Card
One Stop Challenge:  Boy Card






5 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! I love the little birdies. I have this cartridge but haven't used it too much, looks like I need to pull out! There a few tutorials on YT like my Halloween card. I may have to make one since I have had requests to make one. Great job on these cute little cards!
    Laura
    http://queenscardcastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I need that Wild Card cartridge; I bought one for my mom last year...I may need to borrow it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards. Love the bird and the BBQ. Thank you for sharing and playing along at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super sweet father's day card love that the little bird is grilling....Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Cute Cute! I love the sweet little bird. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

    ReplyDelete