Thursday, May 10, 2012

Masculine Card Series #4: Sports Card

Sorry about the late post.  I noticed when I was at work today that my post didn't go up as scheduled.
For my inspiration in this card, I looked at Momo.  You can find her blog here. She has such beautiful cards and this one was always one I wanted to make but always forgot about when it was time for a birthday card.  Since my son is going through a huge sports craze, I thought it was time to stock up! This card would be perfect for an adult or child, plus it could be a congrats for a new sports team or winning a game!  The possibilities are endless....
My measurements are different than Momo's and she also used an SVG file.  I used my Boys Will Be Boys Cricut Cartridge for this instead.
The card base is cut at 8 1/2" x 7 1/2" and folded to make an 8 1/2" x 3 3/4" card.  I used Kraft Cardstock from Recollections.
The light blue or orange mat measures 8 1/2" x 3 1/4", and the dark blue mat measures 8 1/2" x 3".
As mentioned I used my Boys Will Be Boys Cricut Cartridge for all of the sports balls.  Each one had a different measurement.  The basketball is found on p. 44 and was cut at 2 1/2", the baseball was found on p. 39 and was cut at 4 1/2", the football is found on p. 31 and was cut at 2", and the soccer ball is found on p. 63 and was cut at 3 1/4 for the black spots and for the white ball I used the same cut as the basketball but in white instead of orange.  I used foam tape on the baseball and the football.
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I entered this card in the following challenges:



9 comments:

  1. great guy card. My first challenge was over at made by momo. I miss her videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sports card.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sports card. Great idea. Thank you playing come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabby card hun, many thanks for joinin gus at Dutch dare in our happy birthday theme, hugs sandra dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. Well done. Thanks for taking the time to post on Our Come and Get It Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super card, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant card thanks for joining us at Craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card!! I need to make some like this to have on hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Don't forget to hop if you have not already, there are lots of prizes to win along the way, and another one if you form the sentence correctly at the end. We do hope you'll join in for our celebrations this week. They will be open till 6 pm GMT on Wednesday the 16th of March 2012 only!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete