Thursday, May 31, 2012

Masculine Card Series #10: Alien Card

It's been a rainy past few days in New Brunswick and I have had zip for energy.  Finally got a wee bit to make this card tonight as I forgot to do it last night.  Call it teaching and getting ready for the June rush!
I have had this sheet of patterned paper for years and while flipping through the manual for Boys will Be Boys, I saw the alien and UFO image and thought it would go perfect together.  The patterned paper reminded me of little stars!
The card base is an A2 size card.  The dark blue mat is 5 1/4" x 4", the white mat is 5" x 3 3/4", and the patterned paper mat measures 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".  The grey strip at the bottom measures 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" and was embossed using the Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder.  I also ripped it at the top.  I loved the way it made it look like craters on the moon...
The UFO is found on p. 69 of the Boys Will Be Boys Cricut Cartridge and was cut at 2".  The alien was cut at 3" and can be found on p. 70. I also used dimensionals on him and googly eyes instead of the eyes from the Cricut cut. All cuts are from my scraps!  A great way to get rid of even the smallest pieces (I keep everything!)
The inside sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Celebrate the Occassion #64: Anything Goes
Die Cutting Divas #67:  Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday #70:  Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #100: Masculine Theme




9 comments:

  1. 2 cute! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Terrific card for a boy's birthday. Thanks so much for playing in our "Masculine" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your set of alien cards and the different color combos, really fun! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card!! Thanks for playing at CTO! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card for boys! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards. Thanks for playing with us at PTT.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card! I made a similar card for my stepson. Boys Will Be Boys is my go to cartridge for my male cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and Fun!!!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love these cards so much! They are perfect boy cards. Love the embossing and all the different coloured aliens. I have just ordered this cart and now I am so excited - can't wait to get it.
    Carla
    carlasscrappytales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete