Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day Card

Finally, I have finished my Mother's Day cards for my mother and my mother-in-law.  This was a simple little card but I really loved the way it turned out.
The card base is a regular A2 size at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4' cut the long way.  All patterned paper is from the Enchanted Paper Stack by KI.  Mat 1 measures 5 1/4" x 4" and mat 2 measures 5" x 3 3/4".
The little mat in the front is from the Elegant Edges cartridge and the design is Oblong Shift found on p. 36.  This was cut at 4" and again at 3 3/4" using the same patterned paper as the mats.
The tea cup was cut from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 Cricut cartridge and can be found on p. 29 cut from the Tag shift function.  I also used the Flip button on my expression.  I cut the tea cup at 2" for the outside and the inside cup was cut at 3". I inked around them using Studio G brown ink.
The mom sentiment comes from Studio G and the inside sentiment is from Hero Art Everyday Sayings and was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
I used foam tape on the outside tea cup, metal flowers from a stash I have had for YEARS, some Pearl Bling and also finally got to use some Bakers Twine that I won from My Craft Spot weekly challenge.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Cardz TV # 107: Mother's Day Card
Paper Sundaes #119:  Mother's Day Card
Sentimental Sundays #101: For a Special Woman
Fantabulous Cricut #110: Mother's Day Card
Exploring Cricut-Celebrate Mother's Day
Celebrate the Occasion #62: Celebrate Mother's Day
Party Time Tuesday #67: Mum's The Word
Use It Tuesday #31:  All About Mom
THe Cuttlebug Spot: Flowers for Mom





14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and thanks so much for entering our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty...love the soft colors you used. Glad you joined us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic!!! I love them! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are sooo SWEET!GREAT Mother's day cards,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really pretty!! I love the papers and colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two cards are very pretty and elegant looking :)
    Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww. Those are so cute!!! Love them. Thanks for playing with us at Use it Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute love it!!!!!!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Use It Tuesday!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little teacup with the pretty DP, what lovely cards! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Mother's Day" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards!!!
    Thank you for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cute cards. Thanks for joining in a the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! Just perfect for our challenge this week! Love those tea cups!

    Thanks for joining us at PTT this week!

    Holly PTT DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just lovely, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete