Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Halloween Embossed and Cricut

It's raining, it's pouring and I have spider's on my mind. Personally, I hate the little creepy crawly things and am very quick to "get rid" of them. But I do like putting them on Halloween cards.
This week at Michael's it was buy 2 stamp sets and get 1 for free so I used my Mother's Day gift card to purchase them.  One of the stamp sets I purchased was Inkadinkado's All Hallow's Eve.  So I just had to try it out!!!!
The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and is cut from a yellowish-orange color from Recollections. The purple mat measures 5 1/4" x 4" and is from the Jewel Recollections collection.  The patterned paper mat is cut at 5" x 3 3/4" and is by K & Company by Tim Holtz collections called Halloween and Fall.  I inked around all edges with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
The tag is cut from Elegant Edges and is the Oblong shift found on p. 36 and was cut at 3 3/4".  I used the same yellow-orange as the card base. I also inked around the edges.  I used the Inkadinkado All Hallow's Eve set and heat embossed the spider web using my Onxy Black embossing powder by Recollections.  I left it as a messy looking embossing because I really liked how the stray specks of embossing powder looked like those fine fibers and strands of a spider web.
The spider is cut from the Doodlecharms cricut cartridge and is found on p. 121 of the manual.  The spider was cut at 2 1/2" from purple cardstock from my scraps.  I added some googly eyes and dimensionals to the body.
The sentiment is also from Inkadinkado and was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I also added some black cord string to the back.
I love how this card turned out and the inked feel really brings out the embossing!
This card was entered in the following challenges:
ABC Challenge: "O" for Orange
Die Cutting Divas: Orange, Purple and Black Challenge
Krafty Girls:  Something with a Face
Scrappy Frogs:  Tag It
Craft Your Day Away #45:  All Creatures Great & Small





10 comments:

  1. Your card is super cute and creepy! Real nice. Thanks for entering the DCD challenge this week.---Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Love the creepy crawler. Thanks for joining us over at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the google eyes! I add them any chance I get! Thanks for joining our DCD challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, thanks for joining us at ABC for our Orange color challenge
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love that web! Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Girls!

    Stacey
    Krafty Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, love that spider!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! hoop to see you back by next project.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Love the googly eyes and the heat embossed spider web! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the web was part of the paper until I read that you embossed it! Turned out super cool! Thanks for playing with us Krafty Girls!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely thanx for joining us at Craft your days away and good luck..

    Caz x CYDA DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This spider is adorable! I'm feeling excited about creating cards for Halloween now:) Thanks for linking up with us at Krafty Girls!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete