Saturday, May 26, 2012

Simple Wedding Card

I made this card for the upcoming Wedding Season stash.  I admit, I don't really make a lot of wedding cards but do go to a few weddings here or there.  I used to buy them, but my goal this year is to make them all.
For this card, I used the Cricut Sweethearts cartridge for the bells.
The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and was cut using black cardstock by Recollections.
The ivory mat measures 5 1/4" x 4" and was also put through my Cuttlebug using the Seeing Spots embossing folder.  The bell mat measures 4 1/4" x 3 3/4" cut from black cardstock and the patterned paper mat measures 4" x 3 1/2" from Recollections patterned paper.
The bells are found on p. 56 of the manual and were cut at 3".  I used the shadow feature (black) layer feature cut one from ivory patterned paper and again for the lilac or gold bow.  I added stickles to the lilac bow and the gold bow was already shimmery.  I used dimensionals as well.
The inside mat measures the same as the bell mat and the stamp is from Stampin' Up's Occasional Quotes set.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
Exploring Cricut: Use neglected Cartridge
Diana M. Larson:  Anything Goes
Cardz TV Design Team:  Say "I Do"





8 comments:

  1. These are great!!! Love the bg papers! The bells are just perfect for a wedding card. The sentiment on the inside is wonderful! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards and thank you for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining our "Say I DO" challenge at Cardz TV!!!!! I usually catch where all the creations are entered but I sure missed it today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I love the bells, and the sentiment inside. Great job! Thanks for joining our "Say I Do" Challenge at Cardz TV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card!Beautiful Sentiment!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very pretty cards, I am gonna have to do something with bells!! Great job! Thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards they are so elegant. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cardz TV Stamps “Say I Do” Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wedding cards are so beautiful, I love the sentiment and seeing them in the two different colors is a real treat. Thanks for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete